Your business and you are one in the same, but they aren’t.
- Your business is a three-dimensional being because you pour your heart and soul into it.
- Being engrossed by what you do is different from being eaten alive by your business.
- If you love something set it free.
- Your business filing system should run like your refrigerator.
How do you create a self-contained, always running, and open access filing system for your business that won’t cost you an arm and a leg?
Focus On The
Who / What / Why / When / Where / How
- Have an honest conversation(s) with yourself.
- What are your dreams, beliefs, agendas, expectations, and goals for you personally and your business?
- What are your family’s dreams, beliefs, agendas, expectations, and goals for them personally and for your business?
- What are your employee’s dreams, beliefs, agendas, expectations, and goals for them personally and for your business?
- What are your client’s dreams, beliefs, agendas, expectations, and goals for them personally and for your business?
- Analyze what your business really needs to run.
- List all the different jobs you do and the tasks associated with them.
- What are the “tools” needed to do each task?
- What do you use daily?
- What do you use weekly?
- What do you use monthly?
- What do you use less than once a month?
- Jump between communicating and analyzing – Truly understand what your business, your clients and you need from your business.
- Document the process. – Review and revise as new ideas spark and clarity happens. Keep all the scribbles. Patterns will start to emerge and you will start “see” what is going on in your physical space.
- Firmly understanding the all the dynamics – Then it will be easier it will be to work with an organizer and together you can create great sustainable solutions.
Things to watch out for in the process
- Organizing is a continual process. It is a cycle not a destination. If you accept that each turn around the cycle will be an opportunity to grow, develop, and evolve the easier the process will be for you.
- Don’t wait for the bottom to fall out. Don’t wait until you can’t find a $3,000 check or the lights are being turned off. Start documenting your needs today.
- Go through the process at your own pace. Creating a long-term solution will take much longer than a quick fix. Take time to reflect on your progress. The clearer you plan, the stronger your business foundation will be.